Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Standard AutoFocus Lens - Gray Market

Focus Drive: MM Elements: 5/6 View of Angle: 46 degrees Min. Focus: 1.5 ft. (0.45m) Min. Aperture: f/22 Filter (diameter): 52mm Length: 1-5/8 (41mm) Weight: 4.6 oz. (130g) This is the lightest EF lens of all at a mere 130g. Compact and high-performance, standard lens. Its Gaussian optics provide sharp delineation from near to far focusing distances. The color balance is excellent for a standard lens.

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Standard AutoFocus Lens - Gray Market

Great Beginner Prime Lens

This lens has an excellent aperture (f1.8) for the price. It allows you to really control the depth of field when taking portraits and other settings where you want to have the background blurred or softened. The lens is cheap because it is made out of plastic. Even the bracket to mount to the camera is plastic. The manual focus ring is very small, about 5mm wide, or just a little wider than a polarizer filters' ring.

This lens is sharper than the standard zoom lens that comes with the Rebel series (18-55mm). So if you are on a budget it is a great buy. I knew it was made out of plastic before I bought it, so I wasn't surprised when i got it. I do not regret this purchase, because for what you get, you can't beat this price.

Cheap and Love It!

This lens is so cheap but it's a great introductory prime lens. I bought this with my Canon XTi and haven't taken it off! I love how beautiful the images are that come from this lens. When I have used my zoom (which was only maybe once when I first got the camera) I have been disappointed with the images in comparison to the prime lens. I just bought the Canon 28mm 1.4 and can't wait to get it. Go Prime!!!